Sunday, September 15, 2013

It's a New Day

Hello beautiful followers,

This is one of those posts that you over-think and never actually end up typing incase it doesnt come out completely perfect.  So here goes! I wrote an email to a close friend last month sharing the what & whens of what I'd like to say and I think it'll be easier to just include little excerpts from that letter:

"I have been making jewellery since the age of 17, with this year marking 10 years of my love for the craft. Through each and every change in my life from bible school to marriage to babies, it has always been something constant that I have come to rely on for my creative outlet, meeting beautiful people such as yourself and so much more. It has also been a gift for me to be a stay-at-home mom for 3 years. This was something I would have worked until midnight for weeks had it been required! 

Having said all this, you might had read my blog post a little while back which brought to light my struggle with post-partum depression & adrenal burnout. This really was an incredible blow to every part of my life. The little energy & all the love and hard work I could muster was poured out on my kids and there were weeks when I couldn't even make my way into my workroom. After six months I began to recover my strength and creativity seemed to trickle back and I have started to feel like myself again. I was so excited to get back on track and get caught up with all my lovely stockists and start my rounds again, but something was just not sitting right. 

I have taken the last two months to be open to all possibilities and to see what in my heart of hearts I have a peace about and what the plan of God is for me. The first time I said out loud "I think it's time to close down Kristi Kyle Jewellery", I was amazed at the relief and the peace that I felt."



There it is, officially out! I was a lot braver when I typed that letter up than I am now trying to type this post. It's not a sense of regret or sadness that chokes me up, but I am just so grateful from the bottom of my heart for the 'beyond-words-special' people that have given me the time from their days to help me along this journey. 

I have a few more posts before I sign off of this blog. To stay in touch with you all, I have decided to start up a lifestyle blog of what I get up to - home projects / recipes / life stories / kids thrown in too. I will make sure to link up. You can also always follow me on @kristiannkyle for updates.

The birds are singing, the sun is shining and I'm going to hop off my computer and soak it all in while the house is quiet - big loves & have a wonderful day!



2 comments:

  1. Lovely post Kristi. All the best with this new season of your life. Looking forward to your lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete